Tampa’s Health + Glow Blog
Microneedling Benefits for Skin Rejuvenation at Health + Glow in Tampa, Florida
With a commitment to providing outstanding skincare services in Florida’s central Gulf Coast area, Health + Glow offers patients an exceptional experience at its state-of-the-art South Tampa facility. Featuring the newest equipment and adopting the latest advancements in skincare health, Health + Glow combines the convenient services of a primary care clinic with a modern medical spa and IV lounge.
Health + Glow operates under the hands-on leadership of board-certified internal medicine specialist Dr. Swapna M. Kallikadan, an American Board of Anti-Aging Medicine fellow of aesthetic medicine. Dr. Kallikadan and her staff are committed to delivering personalized optimal care with rejuvenating treatments that will stimulate your health and make you glow.
And speaking of rejuvenating treatments, you might want to investigate the skin-enhancing power of EndyMed Intensif RF Microneedling, one of Health + Glow’s most popular procedures.
I’ve Heard of Microneedling, but What is “EndyMed RF?”
Also known as “skin needling” and “collagen induction therapy,” FDA-approved microneedling stimulates the body’s natural healing processes to rejuvenate your skin. Microneedling is performed with a device that uses tiny needles to create thousands of microchannels in your skin. The procedure triggers an immune system response that helps disinfect the skin, remove debris, increase blood flow, and stimulate new tissue growth. The renewed dermal growth builds new blood vessels and skin-strengthening collagen and elastin proteins, which improve your skin’s youthful appearance. Research has determined that Microneedling is safe and effectively rejuvenates skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and other skin conditions.
EndyMed’s RF adds radio frequency energy to the needling, with its heat enhancing the skin’s tightening response and further boosting your natural production of collagen and elastin. The company’s proprietary 3DEEP™ technology allows for controlled energy delivery into the targeted dermis and hypodermis skin layers without affecting the surface (epidermis) layer. According to the company, the fractional pulse delivery of the energy combines with its non-insulated gold needles to safely deliver more heat deeper into the dermis to produce results superior to other microneedling technologies.
Benefits of EndyMed RF Microneedling
Along with providing the overall benefits of tighter, younger-looking skin, EndyMed RF Microneedling technology allows for customized treatment of specific skin concerns and targeted facial and body contouring. Customized treatments include:
- Cellulite Reduction—to target cellulite, EndyMed adds modulated pulsed vacuum technology to to enhance the heating depth and volume, which can be completely customized for each patient. Clinically proven, the combined technologies melt fat cells under the tissue to smooth the appearance of cellulite. At the same time, sub-atmospheric pressure created by the vacuum stimulates the lymphatic system to remove waste products and reduce edema.
- Body Tightening and Contouring—EndyMed’s technology and specialized microneedling applicators allow for deep volumetric heating, where it can effectively help tighten, slim and reduce the circumference of targeted areas. EndyMed body contouring treatments have been clinically proven to aesthetically enhance the waist, abdomen, hips, inner thighs, outer thighs, arms, knees, and neck.
- Facial Tightening—the technologies used by EndyMed provide optimal results in lifting sagging skin, reducing wrinkles, and tightening the skin of all facial areas. Its longer-term boost in stimulating collagen and elastin production further helps the skin look younger.
- Jawline and Neck Tightening—EndyMed’s technologies are combined in specialized smaller applicators designed to recontour the jawline, lift the chin, and tighten the neck. The custom contouring helps restore balance to facial features by enhancing definition and reducing lines and wrinkles.
- Active Acne and Acne scar reduction—the volumetric heating and microneedling ablation combine to target acne and acne scars from the inside out without damaging the epidermis. Safe for all skin types, the treatment renews acne-marked skin with minimal risk of pigmentation and minimal downtime.
- Scar and Stretchmark Reduction—the skin resurfacing and renewal benefits of EndyMed’s technology have proven quite effective at reducing the appearance of scars and stretchmarks.
- Eye Lift—EndyMed’s microneedling platform can be tailored to carefully reduce under-eye bags, lift the upper eyelid, and smooth and tighten the delicate skin around the eyes for the equivalent of an eye lift.
- Fractional Skin Resurfacing—EndyMed’s microneedling technology provides effective skin resurfacing and rejuvenation that targets deep wrinkles, large pores, rosacea, hyperhidrosis, and skin pigmentation problems.
The procedure can also be used as a preventive measure, as your natural increase in collagen helps forestall the development of fine lines and wrinkles. Safe for all skin types, it also enhances the effectiveness of other anti-aging and skin rejuvenation products by boosting the skin’s absorption rate.
Your Microneedling Procedure at Health + Glow
Microneedling at Health + Glow begins with applying a numbing cream to the targeted skin areas and ensuring you are comfortable. Once numb, your medical spa professional will run the handheld applicator over the targeted areas, while its small sterile needles make tiny pinpricks and deliver RF-generated warmth into the deeper skin layers. Once done, your aesthetician will apply a soothing balm to your skin, and you’ll be free to resume your normal daily activities.
While some patients experience short-term minor irritation and redness, the quality of EndyMed device’s needles, smoothness of insertion, and full coagulation provided by the RF energy significantly reduce the skin trauma of the procedure compared to other microneedling technologies.
Many patients notice improvements to their skin immediately after each session. However, they tend to see optimal results after three to five sessions during a six-month period, which provides time for the increases in collagen and elastin to become apparent.
Schedule Your Microneedling Session with Health + Glow Today
If you would like to reduce the appearance of your skin imperfections and restore the vibrancy of your aging skin, schedule an appointment with Health + Glow today. We look forward to pampering you in our med spa. We believe you’ll be intrigued by our full slate of services, including preventative medicine, personalized weight loss, rejuvenating facials, body contouring, revitalizing IV drips, and anti-aging therapies.