Tampa’s Health + Glow Blog
Revitalize Your Confidence: Exploring the Benefits of diVa® Vaginal Rejuvenation
If you’ve been hearing a lot of buzz lately about vaginal rejuvenation, it should come as no surprise. Childbirth, menopause, and aging take a toll on vaginal health, which can affect overall health and compromise a woman’s day-to-day life. Intimate challenges millions of women face with the deterioration of their vaginal health include:
- Urinary incontinence
- Decrease in vaginal lubrication
- Painful intercourse
- Vaginal laxity
- Difficulty reaching orgasm
But women are increasingly turning to surgical and less-invasive vaginal rejuvenation treatments to ease such symptoms and to restore and maintain the core component of their femininity. According to market researchers, the global vaginal rejuvenation market was valued at $1.8 billion in 2022 and is projected to grow at a compound annual rate of over 13% for the next six years. Helping drive the growth is a surging demand for minimally invasive treatments like laser therapy and radiofrequency energy.
Tampa, Florida’s Health + Glow medical spa has witnessed this increased interest in minimally invasive vaginal rejuvenation firsthand, as patients frequently ask about available treatments. Health + Glow is pleased to recommend and offer its patients the ground-breaking results provided by the laser technology of diVa® vaginal rejuvenation. Health + Glow lead physician, Dr. Swapna M. Kallikadan, notes that diVa’s® success at the medical spa is measured by numerous patients who have reported restored vaginal health and an easing of intimate vaginal concerns.
Understanding diVa’s® Laser Rejuvenation Action
The resurfacing and rejuvenating action provided by diVa® enhances overall vaginal health, which helps alleviate many of the specific intimate issues that arise due to childbirth, menopause, and aging. In particular, diVa® has proven effective at addressing the following concerns:
- Stress urinary incontinence—the laser’s ability to increase vaginal wall thickness and supporting tissues boosts the ability to compress the urethra and manage urine flows.
- Inadequate vaginal lubrication—along with bolstering the thickness and strength of vaginal walls, diVa® boosts blood flows to the capillaries that feed the vaginal walls. This, in turn, stimulates enhanced flow of vaginal lubricating fluid through membrane tissues.
- Painful sexual intercourse—increased vaginal wall thickness and restored lubrication increase the vagina’s endurance for prolonged friction, which can ease incidents of painful intercourse.
- Vaginal laxity—the resurfacing of vaginal wall tissues and remodeling of supporting tissues with enhanced collagen and elastin production increases the tone and strength of the vaginal walls. This positive diVa® reaction has been confirmed by physician assessment, self-reporting, and from partners of women who participated in diVa® clinical studies.
- Difficulty achieving orgasm—researchers believe that diVa’s® enhancement of vaginal area blood flows stimulates the senses and boosts arousal during sexual activity. This alone can improve a woman’s ability to reach orgasm, but the other diVa® benefits likely help, too.
What to Expect with Your diVa® Laser Rejuvenation
Laser vaginal rejuvenation with diVa® is quick, easy, and causes minimal discomfort and pain. Your diVa® session at Health + Glow begins with the application of a topical anesthetic to the vaginal area. Once numb, our medical specialist will insert the laser wand into your vagina for three to five minutes, depending on treatment goals. Most patients report feeling pressure on the vaginal walls and increased sensitivity around the vaginal opening.
Following treatment, you’ll be free to resume normal daily activities, though you should avoid sexual activity, full baths, hot tubs, swimming, and jacuzzies for at least 48 hours. There is a slight risk of discharge and spotting during this time, but most women report that this is minimal when it does happen and rarely report other discomfort.
You may experience noticeable improvements to vaginal health and easing of intimate concerns after one diVa® session. However, Dr. Kallikadan recommends that patients undergo three monthly sessions to secure optimum results. The health benefits offered by diVa® last up to 18 months, which can be extended with annual maintenance sessions.
Contact Health + Glow to Schedule Your diVa® Laser Rejuvenation
If you would like to learn how diVa® vaginal rejuvenation can optimize your femininity and address intimate concerns that have emerged due to childbirth, menopause, or aging, schedule an appointment with our Tampa, Florida, medical spa today. Health + Glow offers patients the full range of health and beauty treatments under one roof, giving you a one-stop option for primary care, preventative medicine, revitalizing IV drips, weight loss, body contouring, anti-aging, and beautification. Explore our website to see what else we can do to support your health and beauty.